Our heart goes out to those in the path of last weekend’s tornado.
Crossing 6 states in a 227 mile path, the tornado killed people and flattened buildings in its path.
It’s a reminder of the evolving impact of global warming. As a result, weather events like tornados extend across broader paths and occur over a longer period of time.
As these images show, the path of this weekend’s tornado landed far to the east of Tornado Alley, the usual summer path of these dangerous storms. As a result, many of the residents were unprepared for this type of storm.
What does this mean for your business and marketing?
- Examine the full impact of your business on the environment. This is particularly important since Millennials check whether businesses are green.
- Have and practice safety precautions based on the location of your business. During this storm, this saved lives.
- Support local communities where you have the resources. This extends to shelter and food.
Actionable Marketing Lesson of the Week
► Social Media Trends
Based on their internal data, Talkwalker defined these 10 trends for 2022. Use them to shape your social media strategy for the coming year.
- TikTok will take over social media
- Maturing influencer marketing will finally come of age
- Social ads will continue to develop
- Brands will lead social media decentralization
- Social selling will help simplify the purchase journey for customers
- Metaverses will be the connect participants
- Content will meet new consumer needs
- Brand inclusivity will become critical
- Omnichannel will change consumer engagement with social media
- Communities will continue to evolve
Here’s my 2022 social media prediction:
“Due to the seismic shift in marketing, social media and marketers must provide AI-driven, voice-first experiences to ensure their message breaks through the increased content saturation in the right context on the user’s choice of device and/or platform based on how, when, and where they want to receive it.”
► Is Podcasting Part of Your Marketing Mix?
As Libsyn points out:
- [With] 123 downloads you’re in the top 50% of podcasts
Podcasts are the perfect on-the-go, multi-tasking content. Are they a part of your voice marketing mix?
NYC Marketing Minute
► Have Fun Being Green
Since red and green are the must-have Christmas colors why not help your customers to be green?
Create bags and wrapping they can use again and again.
Even better, they’ll pay a premium for these bags while keeping your brand visible over time.
Actionable Marketing Take-Aways:
- Focus on making your shopping bags a fashion accessory. My grandmother never left home without a coordinated shopping bag. #Truth.
- Keep the kids occupied with fun cut outs. Trader Joes packs their paper shopping bags with fun.
Then check out this list of top marketing books recommended by the experts to reduce your shopping time.
Update your top content and create new promotions to drive additional readership.
Includes over 100 different tactics to stretch your content marketing budget.
► Other great reads from 2021 – Don’t forget to treat yourself!
Welcome new subscribers: Keith and Ngoc.
Please stay healthy and safe.
If you enjoy reading the AMG Newsletter, I would appreciate it if you forwarded it to your friends and colleagues.
P.S.: Want Heidi Cohen to contribute a quote or other commentary to your next article, presentation, video, research and/or book? Then hit reply to this email and ask.