I hope you enjoyed your July 4th
holiday weekend (at least in the US!)
Instead of awe-inspiring fireworks over New York harbor, Jimmy Fallon, the original cast of “Hamilton”, and The Roots performed “Helpless” from the musical “Hamilton.”
They maintained social distancing and used instruments found at home while in quarantine.
Disney+ timed the Hamilton movie release for July 3, 2020 to coincide with the holiday. Also, it helped promote the Disney+ subscription service.
Actionable Marketing Tip:
- Timing is the most important factor to maximize content distribution.
Using the name “Independence Day” for this holiday feels wrong this year.
We’re literally not free to be safe and healthy.
While we may not have physical shackles, we face 4 challenges to our lives and our freedom.
1. COVID-19 has become endemic in the US.
While the number of daily deaths has gone down, the number of new COVID-19 cases continues to grow exponentially in the US.
COVID-19 Dashboard – https://www.cdash19.com/
Paul Slovic, psychologist at the University of Oregon, explains:
“If we’re talking about lives, one life is tremendously important and valuable and we’ll do anything to protect that life, save that life, rescue that person. But as the numbers increase, our feelings don’t commensurately increase as well.”
Even worse, new states have become hotspots exceeding their ability to serve the number of cases. This includes locations across Texas which has the largest medical facility in the US.
ER doctors must make life and death choices about who gets treated due to the lack of beds and medical supplies. They do it based on the patient’s ability to survive over the long-term.
While this may sound heartless, they don’t have other choices. Having spent a lot of time in emergency rooms, I’ve watched how amazingly the entire team works and focuses on the worst cases first.
BUT it matters a LOT if the person denied medical help is your child, spouse, parent, sibling and/or grandparent.
Please wear a mask all the time when you are out of your home so everyone stays healthy!
2. Marches and protests for Black Lives Matter (#BLM) Continue.
These widespread protests are against unequal justice based on systemic racism. This is about more than taking down statues and other lingering symbols of the Confederacy.
This movement is resulting in some of the fastest governmental changes in history in the US and beyond.
3. The US economy continues to get worse.
Due to COVID fewer people go to shop. Also there is less out-of-home entertainment, dining and vacations.
In some areas of the country local summer destinations are dependent on the summer season to keep their community running like Mackinac Island in Michigan.
Photo: Mackinac Island Tourism Bureau
Further, unemployment remains very high. Even worse, many workers are losing their jobs and benefits permanently!
Actionable Marketing Tips:
- Brainstorm ideas to generate new revenue streams that works for your business under current environmental and economic conditions.
- Talk to your best customers. Literally reach out personally to each one. Ask about their current challenges and listen to what they say.
4. The US Presidential Election causes anxiety.
Will the United States be able to conduct a free and fair election this fall?
Even if citizens vote by mail, the US Postal Service (aka: USPS) may NOT be able to handle the amount of ballots due to cutbacks.
These questions raise anxieties across the US. According to Pew Research:
Less than 1 in 6 people say they are proud of the US!
Do you want to hear and engage with Heidi Cohen in real time?
I just joined The Project Voice 2020’s special online conference, Voice of Branding. This conference gives you THE information you need to get your marketing up-to-date before budget season.
Voice of Branding Details:
- WHY: To get the Voice Branding scoop to improve your results
- WHO: Top experts in Voice Branding including Actionable Marketing Guid’s Heidi Cohen
- WHAT: Leading-edge branding information every organization (B2B, B2C, Not-For-Profit, Government, and Small Businesses) needs to increase visibility and measurable profitability
- WHEN:Wednesday, July 15, 2020 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm EDT.
- WHERE: From the comfort of your favorite device
- HOW: Register for your FREE ticket NOW!
Shout out to our new AMG readers: Tobias, Do, Hassan, Jeremiah, Kai, Nino, Susan, Susan, Juan, Ewan, Jennifer, Gowri, Anna, Rolando, Nhung, Olga, Julie, Lillian and Sue.
Thank you and welcome to the Actionable Marketing Community!
P.S.: Want Heidi Cohen to contribute a quote or other commentary to your next article, presentation, video, research and/or book? Then hit reply to this email and ask.
P.P.S: Have a friend who you think would enjoy reading the AMG Newsletter? Would you please do them a favor and forward this copy to them?
FEATURED ARTICLE: Sonic Branding Definition
Do your brand’s unique sounds stand out from the non-stop noise and sounds people regularly hear?
Since increased ownership and use of voice-enabled devices means the audio elements of your brand must be consistently identifiable.
FEATURED ARTICLE: 100+ Free Summer Titles
Whatever your content marketing, blogging or other creative needs, you still want to look good!
Even when the heat has drained all of your creative juices.
Just use this proven set of Mad Lib-style headlines to get a jump start.
FEATURED ARTICLE: Proven Marketing Tactics
More important than the participation of well known super smarties like Ann Handley and David Meerman Scott (#grateful):
This list includes accomplished thought leaders representing our diverse, inclusive community.
HEIDI COHEN AROUND THE WEB
► For Social Media Strategies Summit Serial Marketer’s David Berkowitz created a great presentation, How To Build & Run A Successful B2B Online Community. David walks the talk with inclusive community and content.
Includes input from 20 Top Experts at the forefront of digital marketing, many since the early days. Among them are:
- Charline Li. Author of “Groundswell” (with Josh Bernoff), a marketing classic.
- Perry Hewitt. Formerly Harvard University’s Chief Digital Officer.
- R. Walton Smith. Community builder who helps under-rated segments.
- Saul Colt. Builds startups into recognized brands.
The fine print:
- Unless noted otherwise, all photos are ©2020 by Heidi Cohen
- Some links in this email are for affiliate programs that will earn us a small commission should you purchase a product or service. Thanks in advance for your support.
- Did you get this email forwarded from a friend? Get your own subscription here.
- Want to create and send email newsletters like this? I use AWeber.
- Please contact postmaster@HeidiCohen.com if you have any problem with this email.