Despite the approaching New Year festivities and above average temperatures, New York feels joyless.
Concerns about COVID hang like unanswered questions. Every testing site has a mass of people inside and out. In the city masks are required in every indoor space but both adults and children are masked on the streets.
Further, the Omicron variant of COVID is so contagious that many doctors are only doing video appointments.
What does this mean for you and your marketing?
- Put the health and safety of your customers, employees and community front and center of all of your business decisions and actions. People want you to take up the slack left by federal, state and local governments.
- Build flexibility into your plans. As I write this airlines are crippled by the double whammy of employee illness and extreme winter storms and temperatures.
- Assume supply chain lumpiness will continue through 1Q2022. So have alternate plans ready to roll out if necessary.
- Micro-target promotions where you can since locations can vary in their response and ability to execute your plans.
- Include person-to-person communications into your plans where appropriate to manage expectations.
Want to catch up with the latest marketing trends?
Then check out this list of top marketing books recommended by the experts.
► Other great reads from 2021:
- Felix Velarde, Scale At Speed: How To Triple The Size of Your Business and Build A Superstar Team
- Dan Gingiss, The Experience Maker
- Carla Johnson, RE:Think Innovation
- Matt Blumberg, Startup CXO
► Planning your 2022 calendar?
Start by determining your key promotions.
Also plan to update your best existing content and create new promotions to drive additional readership.
Recycle Content Marketing: 100+ Ways To Reuse, Repurpose & Repromote
Welcome new subscribers: Jazz, Nathan, Ольга and Segun.
Please stay healthy and safe.
If you enjoy reading the AMG Newsletter, I would appreciate it if you forwarded it to your friends and colleagues.
P.S.: Want Heidi Cohen to contribute a quote or other commentary to your next article, presentation, video, research and/or book? Then hit reply to this email and ask.