Even the best writer can lack blog post inspiration.
Unfortunately, when you’re focused mentally and emotionally, your brain is too taxed to be creative.
Fortunately, tax season only comes once a year—unless you’re an accountant like my dad.
But you need blog post title ideas on a regular basis depending on your blog publication frequency.
As a result, if you’re like many bloggers, content creators and writers, you’ve experienced Blank-Blog- Post-Syndrome, (aka: writer’s block) at some point. When, no matter what you do, you can’t squeeze words onto your computer screen even to form one meager sentence.
While you can use my 911 content idea generation approach (AKA: The BRAVO Approach), it never hurts to have these 101 blog post title ideas that won’t tax your brain.
That’s when you need these 101 free blog post title ideas that won’t tax your brain!
Mad Lib Approach To Using These 100+ Free Blog Post Ideas
To keep the words flowing from your brain through your fingertips and onto your computer screen, use these free blog post title ideas to ignite your imagination.
You don’t need to use them verbatim.
Or take the Mad Lib Approach. Mad Libs are a word game where significant words are omitted from a piece of text. The players replace these words only knowing if a noun, verb, adjective or adverb is needed. The resulting text can be very funny.
Apply this approach to this list of blog post title ideas to create your own original titles that help you beat the tax season blues.
All you have to do is: Insert a word relevant to your category for “BLANK” and modify the list size to the number of points in the meat of your post.
(BTW, if these 101 free blog titles aren’t enough inspiration for you, try these 125 free Blog topics.)
100+ Free Blog Post Title Ideas That Will Not Tax Your Inspiration
Tax-related Free Blog Post Title Ideas
While following the 2017 US tax changes, even the most astute accountant is still trying to figure out what to advice his clients, here’s creative help for your blog titles.
- Is BLANK too taxing? Use title to discuss something that takes way too much effort related to your category or products. HINT: Solve your readers’ challenges.
- How to get BLANK returns or refunds. Use this post to outline your return and refund policy. Most retailers hide the Returns Department in the back of the store so shoppers make new purchases on their way out.
- Is BLANK tax deductible? Assess the tax implications of your products or services. This article has wider appeal than you realize—think foreign purchases or funeral costs. Where appropriate get input from a from a qualified tax accountant.
- XX Ways to avoid BLANK penalties. Penalties apply to topics from business and finance to taxes to professional sports. What penalties apply to your blog niche?
- Can you find these XX hidden loopholes in your BLANK agreement? Everyone’s always looks for tax loopholes. Does this apply to your business or contracts?
- How To Do BLANK Accounting. Everyone needs help with Accounting 101 for their business.
- Have You Considered All Of Your Costs? In business attributing costs to the right products or teams can be a blurry line.
- How To Calculate Your Real Sales. Assigning sales to specific marketing and other costs can be very difficult especially if all you know is the last piece of marketing touched.
Savings-Related Blog Post Title Ideas
Make the savings relevant to prospects and customers without hurting your bottom line.
- XX Money Saving Tips When You Buy BLANK. How can you show readers that they got their money’s worth?
- BLANK Changes Will Save You Big. Think different. Show buyers the long-term value of buying from you.
- How To Save On Your BLANK. Use this title idea as part of a blog post series to make your businesses stand out from the competition.
- XX Ways To Get Monster Savings. Give your readers a list of ways they can conserve resources and reduce their bills.
- How To Save Time By Doing BLANK. Time is money for most people, especially entrepreneurs. Show how to be more efficient.
- XX Ways to Increase Your BLANK efficiency. This is another spin on time savings.
- BLANK Strategies To Save That You Can Bank On. Do your suggestions help your readers save?
- How to Stretch Your BLANK Dollars. Who doesn’t want to make their money go further? Offer tips related to your offering.
- Is Saving BLANK Making You Poor? Use this twist to hook readers and make them wonder what they’re missing. For example, “Is exercising making you sick?”
- How To Do BLANK On The Cheap. This spin works for businesses and hobbies.
- Did You Know That BLANK Provides XX Ways To Save. Explain to readers how your company helps them save.
Budget-Related Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Focus a series of blog posts on spending within your resources limits.
- How To Stretch Your BLANK Budget. Just like every housewife, your readers have their tricks to stretch their budget. Ask them for input.
- XX Ways To Cut Your BLANK Budget. Everyone can use this topic. From years of corporate budgeting experience, I know the tricks to save some money in case you need a year-end boost.
- How to Manage Your BLANK Budget? What can you share about budgeting for your category? This topic works as a 101 or 201 topic.
- BLANK Budgeting. Every customer and business person needs help with budgeting. What can you add that your audience needs to know?
- What’s In Your BLANK Budget? This is a spin on an old credit card ad. HINT: What ads can you adapt to blog post title ideas?
- XX Budget Stretchers For BLANK. How can your readers make their budget go further? Be specific. My example What’s Your Value Meal?
- How To Make Ends Meet On A BLANK Budget. Make suggestions to help readers who lack sufficient budget.
- BLANK: Is Your Budget Running On Empty? Do your readers need to accomplish something with little or no money? What do you suggest?
- How To Support Your BLANK Champagne Tastes On A Beer Budget? This is the how to do more with less post. Translate it to your target market’s needs. Example from this blog: What Do The Shake Shack and Pre-Owned Mercedes Have In Common?
- BLANK: How To Live Like A King On A McDonald’s Budget. This is the fairy princess living in the attic story.
Spending-Related Free Blog Post Title Ideas
While many people love to spend money, especially when it’s not ours. Often our desires are bigger than our pocketbook.
While assessing these free blog post title ideas, consider how you can incorporate visuals.
- Minimize BLANK Expenses: XX Spending Strategies. Subtext: How to save money related to your product or category.
- How To BLANK Like A Million Dollars Even On A Tight Budget. Apply this title to the wonders of second hand shops or similar offerings.
- XX Ways to BLANK Without Breaking The Bank. Use this approach for DIY topics and price comparisons.
- Why Greed Is Good Works For BLANK. Take a page from Wall Street’s Gordon Gecko. It doesn’t well during difficult financial times.
- Spend Your Way To Prosperity With BLANK. Can you show your readers how spending money effectively will improve their total wealth? This doesn’t have to be literal.
- XX BLANK Coupons We’d Like To Have. A shopper can dream can’t she? What would you like retailers to offer?
- How BLANK Pays Your Bills. This is the classic how to make your hobby into a job.
- Moonlight Your BLANK Way To Success. Do your off hours passion feed your personal bottom line? What lessons do you have for your readers?
Earning-related Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Use “How to make money” and other job-related issues to fill your editorial calendar.
- BLANK: Why You Aren’t Your Job. Help readers achieve their personal goals while at their day jobs.
- Don’t Always Be Selling–Do BLANK Instead. No one wants to be the seedy used car salesman. Instead show readers how to get ahead in their professional or real life relationships.
- Make Me A BLANK Offer I Can’t Refuse. While this sounds like The Godfather come to life, it’s about what really matters to your audience.
- BLANK: Let’s Make A Deal. Show how your type of business works. How can your readers to improve their business?
- What Color Is Your BLANK Parachute? Borrowed from the classic job hunter’s guide, apply this title to your niche.
- How To Make BLANK Money While You Sleep: XX Tips. Use this post to explain online information products.
- XX Part Time Jobs You Can Do In Your Free Time. What can you do on your own time? The important element here is to relate it to your blog’s theme without sounding like a come-on.
- How To Telecommute And Save At BLANK. This column targets people considering a telecommuting position. Do a pros and cons comparison to stand out.
- Increase Your Earning Power With BLANK. What can your readers do to improve their money-making abilities? Think how to get a better job or additional training.
- Is Your BLANK Making You Poor? This is a good jumping off point to discuss a wide variety of topics.
Customer-Related Money Basics Free Blog Post Title Ideas DO
Answer your prospects’ money-related questions. This is pure Marcus Sheridan’s “They Ask, You Answer.”
It’s at the core of the 5 key types of customer content.
- How Much Does BLANK Cost? No marketer or sales person wants to answer this question. Stand out from your peers—Answer it without fear. Sheridan generated $2 million in pools sales from his blog post answering this question.
- A Sophisticated Buyer’s Guide To BLANK. Explain your product in detail. It’s core information your prospects actively seek.
- BLANK A Versus BLANK B Comparison. Another classic Sheridan style post. Show customers the differences between products or with your competitor. Include a chart since people are visual.
- Customer of the Week: BLANK. Focus on your customers or employees what makes them tick? Let them tell the details related to your product.
- Weekly Webinar: How To Do BLANK. Take a page from Jon Loomer and Steve Dotto. Create weekly webinars to educate your audience. HINT: Turn them into paid content.
- Why We May Not Be A Good Fit For You. Ask yourself: Who you don’t want as a customer? This qualifies prospects and is one of Sheridan’s top converting pages.
Well Known People Inspire Free Blog Post Title Ideas
This is another spin on Influencer Marketing. Use the lessons of well known rich people and apply them to your readers’ needs.
- Skinflint’s Guide To BLANK. Are your readers cheap? They don’t necessarily have to have limited funds to want to keep their overhead low.
- The BLANK Cheapskate’s Handbook. Is another way to say skinflint.
- XX Habits of BLANK Millionaires. What can you learn about your business from the very wealthy?
- BLANK1 Guide: What To Do With BLANK2 If You Don’t Have A Trust Fund. Wealth isn’t just about money. In Today We Are Rich, Tim Sanders explains how he learned this lesson from his grandmother.
- What you can learn from Scrooge. No one wants to be Ebenezer Scrooge (or Scrooge McDuck) but you can apply these characters to your niche and help your readers.
- BLANK: Business Lessons I Learned From The Cat In The Hat. Business lessons exist everywhere. Which of them can you use to help your readers?
- The Godfather’s Guide To BLANK. Who doesn’t quote the Godfather? What are your favorite money quotes from the movies?
- Warren Buffet’s 10 Lessons for BLANK. What can the Oracle of Omaha teach your readers?
- 10 Business Lessons I Learned From BLANK. Who inspired you and your wealth accumulation?
- The Millennials’ Guide To BLANK And Money. Tap into the power of this demographic.
- Never Too Late To Do BLANK. Wealth extends beyond monetary sums. What makes someone rich in your category?
- Where’s The Beef in BLANK? Taken from an old Wendy’s commercial, this title focuses on the heart of you business. Example: Where’s the Beef in Your Social Media Content
How To Use Well Known Money Quotes For Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Tap into well-known money quotes for blogging inspiration.
- BLANK: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Use this title to discuss diversification related to your category. It’s also good for Easter!
- It’s the BLANK economy stupid. Employ this title to deal with difficult challenges your readers face.
- BLANK: Money doesn’t grow on trees. Whose parents haven’t said this? Adapt this saying to meet your readers’ needs when talking about their pain points.
- Is A penny Saved Really A Penny Earned When It Comes To BLANK? This is another spin on Ben Franklin’s advice. It’s a great hook for explaining why your product is worth the price differential.
- Why Are You Being Pennywise And Pound Foolish About BLANK? Is your audience too focused costs so that they’re missing the big picture that will cost them more long term? This title is great for home improvements and DIY topics.
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away And Other Ways To Save On BLANK. Apply the health metaphor to help readers save.
- Money can’t buy me BLANK A new twist on the Beatles’ classic. What does your offering provide that readers can’t buy any other way.
Money-Related Games Inspire Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Money is involved in a wide range of games from childhood classics to Las Vegas. Use them for blog post ideation.
- Pass Go And Collect $200: XX BLANK Lessons From Playing Monopoly. What did you learn playing this classic board game?
- Are You Playing Roulette With BLANK? Are your readers doing something risky? If so, what’s your advice?
- Why The House Always Wins And Other Gambling Lessons About BLANK. Is the deck stacked against a segment of your readers? Can you help them beat the odds?
- The BLANK Wheel Of Fortune. What are your readers hoping for? What insights can you give them?
- Are You Gambling With Your BLANK’s Future? This title stirs up fear. Make it work for your readers.
- BLANK: Know When To Hold ‘Em And When To Fold ‘Em – XX Poker Lessons. What have you learned from poker that applies to your business?
- Don’t Bet The House On BLANK. Explain why your readers need restraint in their actions. Include what they can do to improve their position.
- BLANK: How not to loose your shirt. This over-the-top title is useful to get your audience thinking.
- Looking for the BLANK pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Everyone wants the prize. Do you have a story that can help your readers accomplish something in your niche?
Family Money Lessons Inspire Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Use the money lessons you learn from your family.
- What An Allowance Taught Me About BLANK. What allowance related lessons can you share that help sell your products? How about paying over time?
- BLANK: What I Learned From My First Job. First jobs teach us a lot about people and money.
- How I Learned About BLANK: Buying My First Car. What did you have to do to get the money together to purchase your first car? Was it second-handed? What can you share that helps your readers?
- XX Lessons From Uncle Moneybags About BLANK. Everyone has one relative who has more money than the rest of the family. What did that mean in your family? How did it make you feel about money?
- How I Learned BLANK From My First Lemonade Stand. Many entrepreneurs started small and kept improving throughout their school years. Even Girl Scout cookies count!
- How Hand-Me Downs Changed My View Of BLANK. Did you grow up in a large family and have to wear your older siblings’ clothes? How did this make you feel? What insights can you share with your readers?
- How To Give Your Old BLANK A New Life. A targeted way to show readers how to save money.
- Is Your BLANK Habit Preventing You From Achieving Your Goals? Talk about the three trips a day to Starbucks for a $5 coffee or skipping your $XX per month gym.
- How to use other people’s money to BLANK. Based on the name of an old movie, it makes a great blog post title because it’s easy to spend someone else’s money. Use options such as other people’s budgets or other people’s BLANK problems.
Other Money-Related Free Blog Post Title Ideas
Here’s a mix of money-related suggestions that don’t fit into another category.
- What’s The Value In BLANK? Show readers what makes your business valuable to them.
- 911: Is Your BLANK Strategy Bankrupt? Help readers re-examine their current plans to do something better.
- BLANK: The Gift That Keeps On Giving. What ‘s special in your offering to helps keep your readers’ business going?
- What’s The ROI On BLANK? Useful for business and money topics since executives always seek a better return on their investment.
- All That Glitters Isn’t Gold – XX Lessons In BLANK. Do you have insights to help readers see the challenges with a product or way of doing something that appears profitable or beneficial but isn’t really?
- The BLANK Golden Rule. What’s the secret that everyone in your market wants to know and why?
- XX Ways To Do BLANK For Free. Nothing gets readers attention as the word, free. What can you show your readers how to do something valuable without cost?
- How To Get A BLANK Grant. Does your organization or business have the potential to get money from the government or a not-for-profit?
- How To Get A BLANK Scholarship. Are you targeting students? Can you help them get a scholarship? This reduces student expenses.
- How To Create A BLANK Plan? Help readers develop their plans related to your niche. It can be a project, marketing or business plan.
- Making Money The Easy Way Doing BLANK. Everyone wants a ticket to easy street. This can be useful for stock tips.
100+ Free Blog Title Ideas Conclusion
Nothing’s more taxing than an empty screen and a blog post deadline.
What I find most helpful is having a blog post idea that to focus my outline. From there, I can slowly develop a post.
That’s the inspiration for this list of 101 non-taxing. free blog title ideas.
Even if you don’t like them or they don’t work perfectly for your business, they jump start your creative juices. Suddenly your mind floods with new and better ideas with which to replace mine.
They provide the inspiration when you’re staring at a blank screen.
And that’s all you need to get started writing: Focus and ideas to react to.
If you use one of these free blog post title ideas, please link back to this post!
Now there are two ways to get Heidi Cohen’s Actionable Marketing Guide by Email:
Signup for the weekly Actionable Marketing Newsletter and get a roundup of of the week’s posts, plus extra content you won’t find on the website, plus a free e-book: What Every Blogger Needs to Know – 101 Actionable Blog Tips
Want to check out the newsletter before you subscribe? Visit the Actionable Marketing Guide newsletter archive.
Actionable Marketing Guide publishes new posts from 2 to 5 times each week. You will receive a summary of each new post from “Heidi Cohen”. The email’s subject line will begin “Actionable Marketing Guide” followed by the title of the new post.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally posted on April 18, 2011; updated on April 18, 2017