Get your game on before you leave for Content Marketing World!
Since many Content Marketing World speakers are also published authors, we created this guide to their books.
Read some of these books whether you’re headed to Cleveland or not.
Books are the ultimate long form content marketing. — Heidi CohenClick To Tweet
Books are well packaged educational information that audiences actively seek.
Don’t take my word for it.
Literally take a page from these Content Marketing World authors.
No one knows this better than these Content Marketing World authors!
Professionals often write books to establish their authority and influence.A book is the unforgettable business card. They can't get lost. — Heidi CohenClick To Tweet
Use this list to improve your content marketing. Since in addition to being prolific content creators, many Content Marketing World authors have written marketing must-reads.
In addition to being prolific content creators, many of Content Marketing World’s presenters have written at least one book. Many of these books are marketing must-reads.
Content Marketing World Authors And Their Books
|Jay Baer — President, Convince & Convert
Author of: Youtility and Hug Your Haters (Interview)
|Josh Bernoff — President, Wobs Llc
Author of: Writing Without Bullshit: Boost Your Career by Saying What You Mean
|Bernie Borges — Cmo, Vengreso
Author of: Marketing 2.0: Bridging the Gap between Seller and Buyer through Social Media Marketing
|Michael Brenner — Keynote Speaker, Author And CEO, Marketing Insider Group
Author of: The Content Formula: Calculate the ROI of Content Marketing and Never Waste Money Again (Interview)
|John Bucher — Renowned Strategist & Communicator
Author of: Storytelling For Virtual Reality
|Dorie Clark — Adjunct Professor, Duke University Fuqua School Of Business.
Author of: Entrepreneurial You (Interview) and Stand Out (interview)
|Andy Crestodina — Principal, Strategic Director, Orbit Media
Author of: Content Chemistry (Interview)
|Andrew Davis —
Author of: Town INC: Grow your business. Save your town. Leave your legacy (Interview)
|Jeff Fromm — President, Futurecast
Author of: Marketing To Gen Z
|Ann Handley — Keynote speaker, Chief Content Officer, Marketingprofs
Author of: Everybody Writes (Interview)
|Tim Hayden — President And Co-Managing Partner, Brain + Trust Partners
Author of: The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Business Success in a Wireless World
|Chuck Hemann — Director Of Analytics, W2O Group
Author of: Digital Marketing Analytics: Making Sense of Consumer Data in a Digital World
|Carlos Hidalgo — Ceo, Visumcx
Author of: Driving Demand: Transforming B2B Marketing to Meet the Needs of the Modern Buyer (Interview)
|John Jantsch — Founder, Duct Tape Marketing
Author of: Duct Tape Marketing
|Kathy Klotz-Guest — Founder, Keeping It Human
Author of: Stop Boring Me! How to Create Kick-Ass Marketing Content, Products and Ideas Through the Power of Improv
|Jonathan Kranz — Principal, Kranz Communications
Author of: Writing Copy for Dummies
|Tom Martin — Founder, Converse Digital
Author of: The Invisible Sale: How to Build a Digitally Powered Marketing and Sales System to Better Prospect, Qualify and Close Leads
|Brian Massey — Conversion Scientist, Conversion Sciences
Author of: Your Customer Creation Equation
|Garrett Moon — Ceo & Co-Founder, Coschedule
Author of: The 10x Marketing Formula (Interview)
|Lee Odden — co-founder and CEO of TopRank Marketing
Author of Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
|Heather Pemberton Levy — Vice President, Content Marketing, Gartner
Author of: Brand, Meet Story: How to Create Engaging Content to Win Business and Influence Your Audience
|Chris Penn — Co-Founder And Chief Innovator, Brain+Trust Insights
Author of: AI for Marketers: A Primer and Introduction
|Joe Pulizzi — Founder, Content Marketing Institute
Author of: Epic Content Marketing and Killing Marketing (Interview)
|Adele Revella — Founder And Ceo, Buyer Persona Institute
Author of: Buyer Personas: How to Gain Insight into Your Customer’s Expectations, Align your Marketing Strategies, and Win More Business
|Paul Roetzer — Founder & Ceo, Pr 2020, Founder, Marketing Artificial Intelligence Institute
Author of: The Marketing Performance Blueprint (Interview)
|Robert Rose — Founder & Chief Strategy Advisor, The Content Advisory
Author of: Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing
|Karl Sakas — Agency Advisor, Sakas & Company
Author of: Made to Lead: A Pocket Guide to Managing Marketing & Creative Teams
|Stephan Spencer —
Author of: The Art of SEO (Interview) and Google Power Search
|Mathew Sweezey — Principal Of Marketing Insights, Salesforce
Author of: Marketing Automation for Dummies
|Rob Walch — Vp Podcaster Relations, Libsyn
Author of: Tricks of the Podcasting Masters
|Tom Webster — Vice President, Strategy, Edison Research
Author of: The Mobile Commerce Revolution
|Stoney deGeyter — President & Ceo, Pole Position Marketing
Author of: The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period!
|Viveka Von Rosen — Chief Visibility Officer, Vengreso
Author of: LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day and LinkedIn: 101 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand!
Past Content Marketing World Authors
Here are Content Marketing World authors who aren’t attending this year’s conference.
I’ve read a large number of these books and they’re also worth your investment of time and money.
- Ardath Albee, Digital Relevance
- Tim Ash, Landing Page Optimization (This book was ahead of its time!)
- Christopher Barger, The Social Media Strategist
- Paul Barron, The Chipolte Effect
- Scott Berinato, Good Charts
- Dr. Adrienne Boissy, Communication the Cleveland Clinic Way
- Deirdre Breakenridge, Social Media and Public Relations
- Brian Carter, The Like Economy
- Gini Dietrich, Spin Sucks and Marketing In the Round (co-author)
- Daniel Glickman, Personalize This & Disrupt That
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories
- Chris Goward, You Should Test That!
- Kristina Halvorson Content Strategy for the Web
- Arnie Kuenn, Content Marketing Works
- Rebecca Lieb, Content: The Atomic Particle of Marketing
- Justin Levy, Facebook Marketing
- Mark Masters, The Content Revoultion
- Jason Miller, Welcome To The Funnel
- Adam Needles, Balancing the Demand Equation
- Sherry Paprocki, Content Marketing: 50 Ways to Tell Your Story
- Tim Riesterer, Three Value Conversations
- Ann Rockley, Managing Enterprise Content (Rockley started the Intelligent Content Conference with Scott Abel)
- Khalid Saleh, Conversion Optimization
- Mari Smith, The New Relationship Marketing (Smith is the go-to Facebook expert!)
- Scott Statten, UnMarketing
- Andrea Syverson, ThinkAbout
- Dechay Watts, Brands In Glass Houses
- Lisa Welchman, Managing Chaos
- Todd Wheatland, The Marketer’s Guide to Slideshare (an underrated social media site!)
- Colson Whitehead, The Underground Railroad (Pulitzer Prize Winner)
Content Marketing World Authors Bottom Line:
These high-profile authors are at the forefront of content marketing as a living breathing business strategy.
Unlike many business book authors, they’re not just focused on dusty strategies taught in universities and business schools.
These Content Marketing World authors work in the marketing and sales trenches to drive bottom line results.
Read (or listen) to their books.
Keep them near your desk to check regularly.
Think of this long format content as the user manuals you don’t get with your marketing job.
Go on—I dare you to find time to read them.
You’ll be glad you did!
BTW – Get them before you go to Content Marketing World, Authors are thrilled to sign your copy!
- This is the latest revision of a post originally published in 2016, updated for Content Marketing World 2018.
- All book links go to Amazon.com with our affiliate code. Thank you in advance for any purchase you make there.
- We’ve interviewed several of these authors and this is indicated by a link following the book’s title.
- This list was compiled from information on the Content Marketing World 2018 website. We apologize for any errors of omission.
Get Heidi Cohen’s Actionable Marketing Guide by email:
Want to check it out before you subscribe? Visit the AMG Newsletter Archive.
Content is highly important, but widely ineffective. What does that mean for the modern marketer?
Experience matters more than ever before, and what enables experience is content–the content your buyer engages with can make or break a sale. Are you prepared to give them what they want?
Get your free copy of the full research report today.
Photo Credit: ©2016 Heidi Cohen, some rights reserved