Heidi cohen interviews Stephanie Sammons.
Establish your entire digital presence on the foundation of trust and build it through influence. Think about the people who influence you. What about them attracts you? It is likely their perspective, passion, and personality.
When you focus on growing your influence with trust as the foundation, you will naturally attract your ideal clients and customers both online and offline.
Q: What was the inspiration for your book?
Four reasons I wrote this book:
- Personal goal I have always wanted to achieve
- Encouraged to do so by my industry peers
- Needed an effective way to organize my thoughts and share my LinkedIn knowledge and experience with others
- Couldn’t find any book on LinkedIn that catered to the entrepreneur and small business owner
Q: What is the key concept behind your book?
The key concept in my book is teaching entrepreneurs and business owners how to become top influencers in their respective markets and attract their ideal clients or customers on LinkedIn.
The book covers 7 powerful rules for accomplishing this:
- Power up your LinkedIn Profile (with Precision)
- Build a Smarter Network
- Grow Your Visibility through Value
- Network Smarter
- Go one-to-one
- Get LinkedIn to Groups
- Become a Thought Leader
Q: What do you want readers to take away from your book?
I want them to realize that building influence is the marketing. You don’t have to overtly promote your products and services. Instead, you can develop a strong reputation, cultivate relationships, and position yourself as a thought leader in your market. Influence is about attracting the right people and opportunities into your business rather than pushing for them. It’s more fun to build influence anyway!
Q: How do you describe yourself professionally?
I am a Gen X corporate renegade turned entrepreneur. I left my 15-year corporate career at the age of 40 and started over, growing my influence from scratch in a brand new industry. I teach Gen X (and Baby Boomer) entrepreneurs how to build their influence and achieve their ideal business life in the digital age.
Q: What are 1-3 books that inspired your work/career?
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz – simple yet powerful truths for living with integrity.
- Driven to Distraction by Edward Hallowell – helped me understand and get a handle on my severe ADHD brain, which has had a major impact on my personal and professional life. This book literally saved me.
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson – it’s as easy to say yes as it is to say no . To achieve your goals, you have to say yes to those little things everyday that can bring you a step closer. Small and consistent ‘yes’ actions ultimately lead to personal and professional achievement.
Q: What is the biggest challenge that you’ve had to overcome in your life or career?
I spent 15 years of my life trying to climb a corporate ladder that eventually collapsed on me during the global financial crisis, which sent me into an identity crisis at the age of 40. Now, six years later, I’m wiser, stronger, and in charge of my own financial security.
Q: What’s something unusual or fun that most people don’t know about you?
I’m a singer-songwriter who plays a mean rhythm guitar. I’ve professionally recorded a number of tunes over the years. Writing music and lyrics is my therapy!
Q: Is there a piece of content, a social media campaign or a marketing campaign that you worked on that you’re particularly proud of?
I’m most proud of the validation that has come as a result my own experience in going from being virtually unknown to a recognized marketing thought leader. Influence is the common thread in my marketing strategy, and it’s the strategy I teach. It involves authenticity, giving, and the consistent sharing of your perspective, passion, and personality in your marketing campaigns.
- Name: Stephanie Sammons
- Company: Wired Advisor
- Blog: http://www.stephaniesammons.com
- Book(s): Linked to Influence
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stephaniesammons
- Twitter :http://www.twitter.com/stephsammons
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephaniesammons
Now there are two ways to get Heidi Cohen’s Actionable Marketing Guide by Email:
Signup for the weekly Actionable Marketing Newsletter and get a roundup of of the week’s posts, plus extra content you won’t find on the website, plus a free e-book: What Every Blogger Needs to Know – 101 Actionable Blog Tips
Want to check out the newsletter before you subscribe. Well, you can – Just visit the Actionable Marketing Guide newsletter archive.
Subscribe to receive notice of each new actionable marketing post delivered free, directly to your inbox.
Actionable Marketing Guide publishes new posts from 2 to 5 times each week. You will receive a summary of each new post from “Heidi Cohen”. The email’s subject line will begin “Actionable Marketing Guide” followed by the title of the new post.
Photo Credit: …