Sign up for FREE Daily Emails!
Get FREE Actionable Marketing Tips delivered right to your inbox
- 72 Marketing Definitions
- 30 Social Media Definitions
- 25 Tactics to Promote Your Blog via Facebook and Twitter
- 2013 Social Media Trends and Your Business
- Social Media: 23 Ways To Promote Your Blog
- 31 Public Relations Definitions
- 30 Branding Definitions
- How to Create Marketing Personas
- Blogging: What I Wish I Knew When I Started
- Marketing Versus PR: What’s the Difference
Content marketing gets a bad rap because many marketers and small business owners don’t understand what content marketing is and since it includes the word marketing they think it must be expensive. By contrast they believe any form of PR will translate to sales without work on their part since it’s some “free” stuff. The reality is that neither of these views is correct. Both content marketing and PR have their distinctive roles to play in marketing. To shed light on the similarities and differences between content marketing and PR, here’s a comparison across twelve salient attributes.
Spaghetti PR is an unsophisticated form of media relations. While a good PR person is worth their weight in gold, blindly contacting press with no understanding of the media entity or writer is likely to yield limited results. Here are 7 points to help PR professional pitch reports.