Sign up for FREE Daily Emails!
Get FREE Actionable Marketing Tips delivered right to your inbox
- 72 Marketing Definitions
- 30 Social Media Definitions
- 25 Tactics to Promote Your Blog via Facebook and Twitter
- 2013 Social Media Trends and Your Business
- Social Media: 23 Ways To Promote Your Blog
- 31 Public Relations Definitions
- 30 Branding Definitions
- How to Create Marketing Personas
- Blogging: What I Wish I Knew When I Started
- Marketing Versus PR: What’s the Difference
There’s a love-hate relationship between marketing and PR. While both marketing and PR are at their best when used together, many professionals feel that they need to choose one or the other. To frame this conversation, marketing is defined by Dr. Phillip Kotler as “the science and art of exploring, creating, and delivering value to satisfy the needs of a target market at a profit.” By contrast, here’s how PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) defines PR: “[Public relations] helps an organization and its publics adapt mutually to each other. ” Here’s what 11 communications area experts said.