Sign up for FREE Daily Emails!
Get FREE Actionable Marketing Tips delivered right to your inbox
- 72 Marketing Definitions
- 30 Social Media Definitions
- 25 Tactics to Promote Your Blog via Facebook and Twitter
- 2013 Social Media Trends and Your Business
- Social Media: 23 Ways To Promote Your Blog
- 31 Public Relations Definitions
- 30 Branding Definitions
- How to Create Marketing Personas
- Blogging: What I Wish I Knew When I Started
- Marketing Versus PR: What’s the Difference
Content marketing is grounded in the Mad Men’s principles. Content marketing takes it’s cue from David Ogilvy in that it looks like editorial. Following the teachings of Leo Burnett, content marketing integrates important brand attributes. Content marketing provides prospects, customers and the public with useful information, while shopping or after purchase, without shouting its promotional messages. As a result, content marketing breaks through the advertising clutter that consumers no longer trust. Here’s how twenty-one marketers define content marketing.