Content Marketing Framework (16 Tactics Included)
Content marketing focuses on customers’ needs. Content marketing tells stories, offers useful purchase information, improves product usage, and entertains. Without being promotional, content marketing effectively achieves business goals by building brand reputation, persuading prospects to buy, and retaining customers.
To deliver measurable results against your business goals, develop your strategy around content marketing’s four cornerstones: context, channels, community and commerce.
Provides a branded framework to convey your message. It enhances your information’s relevance helping to draw prospects in and engage them.
- Tells your story. Company and product stories are at the center of content marketing. Bear in mind that customers remember stories better than facts.
- Incorporates your 360° brand. Content brings your brand to life through the range of branding factors including color, typography, voice, language, and graphic elements.
- Provides a structure for conveying your offering’s information consistently. How you format and present your content helps attract readers. Don’t underestimate the importance of this step.
- Is the location where content appears. Assess all online and offline options including your website, other third-party media, social media, search, mobile apps, ebooks, print media, direct mail, customer communications, retail establishments, live events and conferences.
Communicates and distributes your content one-to-many, one-to-one, and many-to-many.
- Includes a wide range of content formats. Use a variety of content types such as text, video, photographs and graphics, audio, presentations, ebooks, live events and comments.
- Uses various communications conduits. Include email, text messages, and feeds for content distribution. Additionally, chat can be used for business and personal communication. Social media communicates via messaging on social networks and social sharing. Offline includes print, direct mail and postal letters. Lastly, don’t underestimate the human voice for phone, in-store and live event communications.
- Incorporates different platforms. Deliver content when and where participants want via a variety of devices. Think broadly to ensure you’re meeting your prospects’ needs including computers, smartphones, tablets, and in-store options.
- Cross promote marketing initiatives on other platforms and communications. Integrate non-promotional content to attract and maintain readers on other conduits like email and text messaging.
Content marketing draws prospects, customers, fans, and the public in by attracting attention and engaging them. This enables marketers to build relationships over time.
- Place content on a mix of platforms to maximize reach and build relationships. Use the social media entities where your target audience is active. Also leverage your own events, retail establishments and other live events .
- Encourage participants to share your content. Create earned media by leveraging readers’ relationships.
- Lure participants in via other platforms. Support search optimization and findability, extend social media to attract participants, and attract attention at live events with content marketing.
- Engage with participants. Don’t just drive prospects to your content marketing. It’s important to be present and to interact.
By offering useful information, answering customer questions, supplying recipes and patterns, showing how to use and style products, content builds customer trust and supports sales before, during and after purchase.
- Be present where prospects seek to fulfill their purchase needs. Allow prospects to gather product information and/or purchase where they want. This means online via computer, smartphone or mobile as well as offline in a store (yours or your competitor’s.)
- Know it’s not just your information that matters. Think customer ratings and reviews as well as other input from family friends and social media. If you don’t offer it they’ll go elsewhere!
- Use a contextually relevant call-to-action. Encourage shoppers to take the next step. Support purchasing by integrating a contextually relevant call-to-action and related unique promotional code, to easily track content marketing results.
- Let prospects buy the way they want to, where they want to, and when they want to. This includes at your retail store, online, via phone, or via mobile.
Integrate content marketing’s four cornerstones into your overall marketing strategy to attract prospects, build relationships with them, and persuade them to purchase. Incorporate links and calls-to-action to encourage interaction that you can track with the use of content metrics.
Is there anything else that you’d add to these four cornerstones of content marketing? Alternatively, is there anything that you’d change? If so, what would it be?
Join fellow marketers at the mega-conference designed to inspire and empower you—Social Media Success World 2007, brought to you by Social Media Examiner.
Discover the best and newest ways to market your business on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat.
The event takes place March 22-24, 2017, in San Diego. Actionable Marketing readers get a special, early registration discount. Act Now And Save!
Great content isn't just about producing a well written piece. It's about addressing your audience's relevant pain points and showing that you understand their needs. Don't be shy to freely give away advice and information—great content always comes from the heart.
If you can address the issues your customers care about most with a solution or perspective in which your company has real expertise, they tend to respond positively, becoming loyal supporters, and even evangelists. Show content effectiveness, establish a direct connection to your reader, and grab their attention for good by engaging, entertaining, and informing them.
Find out how to:
- Create an effective content strategy
- Focus on the key elements that comprise of attention grabbing content
- Make your content impactful with some key writing tips
- To help you further, here’s a content marketing checklist.
Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aachen_Bonifatiuskirche_Detail.jpg